Sunday, September 16, 2007

About Dept & Credit . . . What do i do now?????

About Dept & Credit . . . What do i do now?????

I paid off all my debt. I got a secured credit card for about 1 year and i charge it and then pay it off before the end of the month when they report to the beurus. really i only charge it so that way they keep reporting it. by the time they report i usually have a balance of 5-10 dollars. For the last (almost year) i have not only made the payments for my car on time but made many many extra payments to knock down the princible. Today i pulled my credit and i am at Experian 573Equifax 596Transunion 583what can i do to boost my score. i would like to be at least average. :)

No i do not have student loans. EVERYTHING is paid. I know one thing. if you do not charge on the card they will not report it. then the account looks stale lowering your score.Having a balance of 5 dollars on a credit card is not bad. it does not mean your in debt what they are looking for is having a high amount of credit you are approved for and not usuing it. so the more you have avaible and not use the better your score is. Pulling your own file does not make your credit score drop. that is credit 101.the bill is not due until the 5th of every month they report around the 27th. i make sure my payments are cashed around the 25th thus it is paid before they ask for it. I am looking for what i can do next. pointers to raise it. i know how not to screw it up i have spent the last year fixing it. the question was..... now what.

The Answer : What moron gave you a keyboard? Where in the world did you come up what that answer? It's not even close to reality!OK, my first thought is something is on your credit report. Do you have some negative stuff on it? You make comments about paying off your old debt, does that mean they were in collection? Have you only been working 1 year to repair it?Without looking over your report I can't really answer this one. I have two suggestions.Go to http://www.myfico.com/12 and order their credit report and score. It costs about $44 but with this site you will be given your report, scores, PLUS the reason codes that are on your report that discuss why your report is low. This will give you a roadmap on what needs to be fixed. Then go to http://www.lifeafterbankruptcy.com...When you get their, goto their past newsletters and find the ones that discuss the 24 steps to follow to increase your credit score. It's sort of a process that takes a couple years, but will dramatically improve your score along the way. This information is free. I highly recommend the site.Good luck. Contact me if you need more info. I think you have some bad items on your report that need to be fixed.

No comments: