Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Free Credit Report com ! Is there a good, honest company that I can pay to correct my credit reports?

Free Credit Report com ! Is there a good, honest company that I can pay to correct my credit reports?

Years ago I had about 2 years of a credit nightmare. I was young and didn't know any better. Luckily I was able to pay off all of my debts and now only owe my student loans from college, which are not much. I know I can contact the credit agencies myself but my credit reports are so overwhelmingly inaccurate and cumbersome. I am not kidding when I say 95% of my credit report is inaccurate. None of the companies notified them when they were paid off or when they were transferred from one company to another so some of my "debts" are even listed multiple times. When I paid them off it took me forever and my mother's help just to figure out what I owed and now it gives me a stomach ache to even look at it. I did the hard part - paying it off. Now I just want someone to go in, sort everything out, and dispute the inaccuracies. I am willing to pay a good, honest company but I all I keep hearing about is to be wary of scams. Does anyone had experience with this sort of thing?

The Answer : Please do this:Take some time to research this and do it yourself. It's not that difficult, and you will have the same amount of success as these "credit repair" companies. They charge a lot of money, but can't possibly live up to what they promise.I will be happy to walk you through the process.The problem is you don't understand the law or how fixing your credit works. In 2003 Congress passed the Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act that details exactly what you need to do to fix errors on your reports. If you follow those procedures, your report will be fixed.....or you will have grounds to file lawsuits against those people reporting inaccurate info on your report.Also, Kris's advice is not the best. Never file continuous disputes with the credit bureau, or they will consider then "frivolous" and they will ignore every protest you send thereafter. The law does give them that right. I've seen many people suggest this here on Yahoo.....don't do it!Email me if I can be of help. I am not a lawyer or credit counselor...just someone who likes to get into collection agents faces. I don't charge anything....you couldn't possibly afford my rates anyway.

No comments: