Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stopping a payment on a credit card for Priceline?

I was just mislead priceline.com that I was going to be staying on the Walt Disney Resort Properties and then they gave me a holiday inn. I called seconds after finding out these results and they said their was nothing they could do. I feel so scammed right now. Do you think I can call my bank and stop payment on this?

The Answer : How did you use Priceline?

If you got your hotel through their "Name Your Own Price" feature, those are Non-Refundable. Using this method does not guarantee you a specific hotel, only the requested region.

If you used the shopping feature, you can select the hotel. So the only way you would have been switched is if you clicked on the wrong one. However, even in this case you should have caught this on the confirmation screen. As for refunding your money it would depend on the policy of the hotel. This policy will be in your reservation confirmation. Some will allow cancellations and others will not. But this is going to be through the hotel and not Priceline.

This is not what you want to hear but a dispute with your credit card company probably will not work. If it was non-refundable, priceline will resond stating that and your dispute will be denied. You would have to come up with a very convincing reason why you were misled. But I have used them in the past and they make you check/enter your initials that states you understand the policies of the reservation.

No comments: