Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Can i request debt validation from the creditor?

Can i request debt validation from the creditor?
.
I would like to send a debt validation letter to the creditor or there attorneys but can this be done. The creditor is the one taking me to court thru an attorney.
.
The Answer : I'm glad you asked this question. And I have the perfect sample letter you can use. And it is your legal right under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
.
You sure can. Please google the phrase "debt validation letter."There are lots of free letters on line. Once you get the letter customize it to fit the debt in question and send it to the company.Really the best way is to send it and require signature as proof of receipt.
.
The company will send you a response with in an allotted time, I think they have 30 days.I am told by our credit rehab dept it is better to go this route then show a dispute on your credit report and still owe the debt. Sometimes lenders see the dispute on that debt as a fraudulent allegation.... a result of a quickie credit repair company trying to clean your record.

No comments: