Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Credit Cards , Authorized User , Credit Report !!!

How Can I Have Credit Cards That I Am An Authorized User On Only Removed From My Credit Report ?!!!

When my ex-husband and i got married he listed me as an authorized user on several of his credit cards in an effort to help build my credit history. although the trade does apperar on my report and i get some credit for the payment history,

i'm not responsible for repayment of the cards, from what i understand. however, if he were to default, the negitative information would reflect on my report as well....since we're splitting up i want to have myseft removed as a user on the card just to protect myself. he has called and requested that i be removed as an authorized user,

but the cards are still showing up on my report (this is bringing my score down as well). shoudn't the trades be completly removed? does anyone know anything i can do to make sure this happens?

The Answer : The history will continue to show for 7 years even after you have been removed, the accounts should show as closed on your credit report so any negative payment by your husband in the future should not show on your report.

No comments: