Monday, September 17, 2007

Will my credit score be repaired?


Will my credit score be repaired?


I settled an dispute with verizon becuase they had sold my debt to a collector and now the collector damaged my credit score which is what I do not get since everything was fixed between me and Verizon. I recently paid the amount the collection agency wanted however the dispute was settled over 3 months ago. I just want to know how i can demand the collection agency to fix my credit score Since the problem had already been fixed. I just unfair that an $80 loan took 110 point off my credit score.


The Answer : The problem is once you have paid off a collection debt, all they are required to do is show "paid" on your credit history. But all of the information about charge-offs and collections is still there.Therefore, you just paid off a debt and it's not going to do a whole lot to fix your credit. True, you can put a statement on your records but those statements are NEVER included into your credit scores. True, you can dispute it (probably your only chance now) and hope that they don't verify the debt. If so, it will remain on your records.You can try contacting the collection agency and ask them to delete it, but that's not likely either. Like, do you really think a collection agent is going to help you out....especially now that they already have your money?Lesson learned, you need to get the collection agent to agree IN WRITING to delete the entry once you have paid the debt. Otherwise, do not pay it. Why pay a debt and still have bad credit?

No comments: