Friday, September 28, 2007

Paying the next months bills?

Paying the next months bills?

Hello, since I won't be home for the next month, I am going to pay more for my bills all in one check (for this month and the next month). And I was wondering if I need to call every single company and let them know that I am paying more. Your help would be much appreciated.

The Answer : It depends on what type of bill you are talking about.I agree 100% with imthepretty1's advice on credit cards. You are expected to make monthly payments if you have any balance on the card. Any money paid is simply applied to the current balance, but they will generate a new bill the next month.
Fail to pay it and you are in all sorts of trouble.Car and/or mortgage payments are usually applied to the principal...but you can call and tell them to place it toward the next month's bill. Utilities are billed as they amount is occur, so by paying in advance you generate a credit balance. That will cover your future bills.

No comments: